Search for a silent star in Ilfracombe
THE search is on for stars of the silent screen as Ilfracombe s Studio Theatre and Small Pond Productions hunt for the cast of their latest North Devon premiere. This October at the Landmark Theatre the groups are putting on a musical production of Mack a
THE search is on for stars of the silent screen as Ilfracombe's Studio Theatre and Small Pond Productions hunt for the cast of their latest North Devon premiere.
This October at the Landmark Theatre the groups are putting on a musical production of Mack and Mabel, set in the silent movie era and following the love story between famous director Mack Sennett and his star Mabel Normand.
Now the team are now looking for people to be part of the show both on and off stage - whether singing and dancing or set building and tea making!
Auditions are being held on Sunday (July 18) and again on Wednesday of next week July 21.)
You may also want to watch:
Mack and Mabel includes the hit songs I won't Send Roses, Movies were Movies and Tap your Troubles Away and is written by Jerry Herman, whose musical theatre credits include Hello, Dolly! and La Cage Aux Folles and other Broadway musicals.
Director Lee Baxendale said: "Studio Theatre and Small Pond both have a history of creating productions of a very high standard, and this will be no exception.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
"This is a show so rarely performed and it's great that we have been given the opportunity to breathe new life into it. We welcome new members to join our talented band of performers and support groups."
Auditions ill take place at Emmanuel Church Hall in Ilfracombe, opposite the Landmark, at 12 noon on Sunday and again at 7pm on Wednesday. Rehearsals start later this month with performances on October 14-16.
Contact Lee Baxendale on (01271) 865755 or Mike Bennett on (01271) 879705 if you would like to audition, or go to sitestudiotheatreonline.org.uk.