Search for a silent star in Ilfracombe
THE search is on for stars of the silent screen as Ilfracombe s Studio Theatre and Small Pond Productions hunt for the cast of their latest North Devon premiere. This October at the Landmark Theatre the groups are putting on a musical production of Mack a
THE search is on for stars of the silent screen as Ilfracombe's Studio Theatre and Small Pond Productions hunt for the cast of their latest North Devon premiere.
This October at the Landmark Theatre the groups are putting on a musical production of Mack and Mabel, set in the silent movie era and following the love story between famous director Mack Sennett and his star Mabel Normand.
Now the team are now looking for people to be part of the show both on and off stage - whether singing and dancing or set building and tea making!
Auditions are being held on Sunday (July 18) and again on Wednesday of next week July 21.)
You may also want to watch:
Mack and Mabel includes the hit songs I won't Send Roses, Movies were Movies and Tap your Troubles Away and is written by Jerry Herman, whose musical theatre credits include Hello, Dolly! and La Cage Aux Folles and other Broadway musicals.
Director Lee Baxendale said: "Studio Theatre and Small Pond both have a history of creating productions of a very high standard, and this will be no exception.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 5 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 6 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
"This is a show so rarely performed and it's great that we have been given the opportunity to breathe new life into it. We welcome new members to join our talented band of performers and support groups."
Auditions ill take place at Emmanuel Church Hall in Ilfracombe, opposite the Landmark, at 12 noon on Sunday and again at 7pm on Wednesday. Rehearsals start later this month with performances on October 14-16.
Contact Lee Baxendale on (01271) 865755 or Mike Bennett on (01271) 879705 if you would like to audition, or go to sitestudiotheatreonline.org.uk.