Seal spotted lounging in boat at Fremington Quay
- Credit: Archant
The friendly creature has been making a home for itself among the boats moored at the Quay.
A CURIOUS seal making itself at home in a boat at Fremington Quay was captured by budding wildlife photographer Alanna Heywood this weekend.
The nine-year-old was out walking on Saturday with her grandfather Richard Medland when they spotted the friendly creature.
There have been several reported sightings of the seal in the past month and Mr Medland said it was not phased by him and Alanna being there.
He said: “You always hope to see something interesting to take a photo of when you’re out with the grandchildren and I was so pleased for Alanna to see it.
You may also want to watch:
“A lady had stopped us as we were heading to the Quay and told us there was a seal on a boat we should go and see.
“Alanna thought it was wonderful, especially the way it seemed to pose for the photographs.”
- 1 Two vehicle crash near South Molton – Link Road blocked
- 2 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 3 'Smash and grab' robbery at Ilfracombe jewellers shop
- 4 Swimbridge Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair returns for 2021
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Two burglaries in Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 7 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 8 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
The pair spent around ten minutes photographing the creature before it casually lolled back into the water.
Have you spotted the Fremington Quay seal? Upload your photos to iwitness24 East and North Devon at www.eastnorthdevon.iwitness24.co.uk or use the link in the top right of the page.