Seal spotted lounging in boat at Fremington Quay
- Credit: Archant
The friendly creature has been making a home for itself among the boats moored at the Quay.
A CURIOUS seal making itself at home in a boat at Fremington Quay was captured by budding wildlife photographer Alanna Heywood this weekend.
The nine-year-old was out walking on Saturday with her grandfather Richard Medland when they spotted the friendly creature.
There have been several reported sightings of the seal in the past month and Mr Medland said it was not phased by him and Alanna being there.
He said: “You always hope to see something interesting to take a photo of when you’re out with the grandchildren and I was so pleased for Alanna to see it.
You may also want to watch:
“A lady had stopped us as we were heading to the Quay and told us there was a seal on a boat we should go and see.
“Alanna thought it was wonderful, especially the way it seemed to pose for the photographs.”
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
The pair spent around ten minutes photographing the creature before it casually lolled back into the water.
Have you spotted the Fremington Quay seal? Upload your photos to iwitness24 East and North Devon at www.eastnorthdevon.iwitness24.co.uk or use the link in the top right of the page.