Seal spotted lounging in boat at Fremington Quay
- Credit: Archant
The friendly creature has been making a home for itself among the boats moored at the Quay.
A CURIOUS seal making itself at home in a boat at Fremington Quay was captured by budding wildlife photographer Alanna Heywood this weekend.
The nine-year-old was out walking on Saturday with her grandfather Richard Medland when they spotted the friendly creature.
There have been several reported sightings of the seal in the past month and Mr Medland said it was not phased by him and Alanna being there.
He said: “You always hope to see something interesting to take a photo of when you’re out with the grandchildren and I was so pleased for Alanna to see it.
You may also want to watch:
“A lady had stopped us as we were heading to the Quay and told us there was a seal on a boat we should go and see.
“Alanna thought it was wonderful, especially the way it seemed to pose for the photographs.”
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
The pair spent around ten minutes photographing the creature before it casually lolled back into the water.
Have you spotted the Fremington Quay seal? Upload your photos to iwitness24 East and North Devon at www.eastnorthdevon.iwitness24.co.uk or use the link in the top right of the page.