Screwfix donates £1,000 to Children’s Hospice
- Credit: Archant
Donation will held refit kitchen facilities in family accommodation run by North Devon charity.
A BARNSTAPLE charity has received a donation of £1,000 to refit kitchen worktops in its family accommodation.
The Screwfix Foundation donated the funds to Children’s Hospice South West as part of its support to projects to fix, repair and improve facilities for those in need.
Steve Henderson, manager of the Screwfix store in Barnstaple, said: “We’re really pleased that one of our local charities has been awarded funding by The Screwfix Foundation.
“Our colleagues from across the business have held a variety of fundraising events – from leg waxes and bike rides, to mountain climbs and fun days – to raise much needed funds for The Screwfix Foundation, so it’s fantastic to see the money we have raised being injected back into the community.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d also like to thank all of our customers who have donated money in our collection tins, or supported our fundraising efforts – watch this space for our next event.”
Catherine Collier, from the Children’s Hospice South West added: “We are so grateful to The Screwfix Foundation for donating these essential funds to the charity.
- 1 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 2 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 8 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 9 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
“We’d like to thank everyone who was involved in the fundraising.”
The next round of funding will be awarded later this year and relevant projects can apply online at www.screwfixfoundation.com.