SIR - On behalf of Torridge Area Scouts, we would like to say a huge thank-you to everyone who supported Scouts with our Christmas Post this year.
Under the telecommunication laws, Scouts are allowed to deliver Christmas post from November 25 until January 5 each year as a fund-raiser for the charity.
This being the second year we have been running the Bideford service, we have collected, sorted and delivered more than 4,500 cards leading up to Christmas Eve, an increase of more than 1,000 cards on the previous year.
The cards were delivered by Scouts and parents from the 1st Edgehill and Torridge Scout Group, 2nd Bideford Scout Group and Torridge Explorer Scouts in rain and wind, but without the challenging snow we experienced the previous year.
We would like to mention Stephens & Willey Accountants for sponsoring the stamps and Torridge District Council for loaning the ballot boxes to use as postal boxes.
You may also want to watch:
In all, 15 local businesses in Bideford, Northam and Westward Ho! promoted the selling of the stamps and offering space for the boxes. Without the local businesses allowing us space we would not have been able to collect so many cards. Thank you.
As a result of the hard work of everyone involved, more than �980 has been raised. On behalf of everyone involved in Scouting on Torridgeside we would like to wish all our friends and supporters best wishes for 2012.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 4 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
Tim Blight, Scout leader
On behalf of Torridge Area Scouts.