SIR - On behalf of Torridge Area Scouts, we would like to say a huge thank-you to everyone who supported Scouts with our Christmas Post this year.
Under the telecommunication laws, Scouts are allowed to deliver Christmas post from November 25 until January 5 each year as a fund-raiser for the charity.
This being the second year we have been running the Bideford service, we have collected, sorted and delivered more than 4,500 cards leading up to Christmas Eve, an increase of more than 1,000 cards on the previous year.
The cards were delivered by Scouts and parents from the 1st Edgehill and Torridge Scout Group, 2nd Bideford Scout Group and Torridge Explorer Scouts in rain and wind, but without the challenging snow we experienced the previous year.
We would like to mention Stephens & Willey Accountants for sponsoring the stamps and Torridge District Council for loaning the ballot boxes to use as postal boxes.
You may also want to watch:
In all, 15 local businesses in Bideford, Northam and Westward Ho! promoted the selling of the stamps and offering space for the boxes. Without the local businesses allowing us space we would not have been able to collect so many cards. Thank you.
As a result of the hard work of everyone involved, more than �980 has been raised. On behalf of everyone involved in Scouting on Torridgeside we would like to wish all our friends and supporters best wishes for 2012.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 8 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 9 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
- 10 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
Tim Blight, Scout leader
On behalf of Torridge Area Scouts.