It’s easier said than done, but if we divorce ourselves from the humdrum of daily politics and stop to think, we have to face the fact there are rumblings north of the border.
In less than two years from now, it could be the end of the United Kingdom of Great Britain as we have known it, subject to a referendum in Scotland, to be held on the 700th anniversary of the Battle of Bannockburn, and thereby casting off the shackles that have for so long bound them to the Westminster administrations.
All jolly good stuff for those who seek the devolvement of the United Kingdom.
I only hope when this sad act is done, we in England can tell the rest of the world, in particular the European Union, from this day forth, we will be open for trade and business only.
Chance would be a fine thing!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new