Schools information for Tuesday, Janaury 12
The following schools have informed us that they will be CLOSED today, Tuesday, 12 January: Holsworthy Community College, Hartland Primary
The following schools have informed us that they will be CLOSED today, Tuesday, 12 January:
Holsworthy Community College
The following schools are open, with the restrictions detailed:
You may also want to watch:
Bideford College - OPEN for yrs 10,11,12,& 13 Only.
Okehampton College - OPEN for Lessons 1, 2 and 3 for years 9 to 13. Because of the forecast weather, buses will be taking students home at noon.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
St Michael's School, Tawstock - Staggered drop-off times: Nursery between 8-8:45, Pre and Main School 9:00 onwards. Pupils must bring a packed lunch. Parents must drop children off at the portcullis Tavistock College - OPEN for years 8-13.
If your school is not listed above, please assume it is open as normal.
If in doubt, parents are advised to listen to local radio or contact their school for further information / updates.
It is hoped today that school transport operators will once more be operational on primary routes and in more urban areas wherever it is safe or practicable. However there is still some transport disruption in the North of the county and in rural areas. Parents are once again advised to contact their local school transport operator directly for information, or to check their local radio website.
To ensure access to secondary and community college sites across the county, key access roads and main entrances will once again be gritted in the morning where possible or practical.
The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning, with further predicted heavy snow for most of the county, from 12 noon today, and parents are advised to contact their local school directly or listen to their local radio station in the morning for up to date advice on any potential school closure and again later in the day should local conditions worsen if a school needs to close early.