Schools challenged to cut down on waste
Deadline looms for recycle grant cash
NORTH Devon Schools have until next week to apply for a grant to promote waste and recycling education.
The deadline for submissions for a ‘Cutting your wasteline’ grant is Friday, November 18.
Grants of up to �1,000 are available for schools to help reduce the amount of rubbish they send to landfill.
They can be used to buy recycling or composting equipment, help with waste education or transport costs for visiting waste and recycling facilities.
You may also want to watch:
North Devon Council’s Executive Member for Environment, Councillor Rodney Cann, said: “Many schools are leading the way with recycling. Some are even on course for a zero waste target.
“So I am challenging all other North Devon schools to get online and sign up to this scheme, while there is still time to apply for a grant.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
“Educating young people about waste reduction and recycling is so important as landfill sites are filling up fast.
“We also find young people take home what they learn and therefore help to make sure their families are also recycling.”
The application form is available online at www.recycledevon.org.uk/kidszone, with the Devon Authorities Waste Reduction and Recycling Committee (DAWRRC) then allocating the grants.
Schools that need help with their applications can contact the council’s recycling officer Lesley Isaac, who also runs free school tours of the council’s recycling centre at Brynsworthy.
Telephone Lesley on (01271) 318517 or email email@example.com