School’s out programme for local youngsters
Council launches programme of activities for young people this summer.
NORTH Devon Council is launching a six-week programme of activities for young people this summer.
From soccer schools to surfing lessons and den building to family events, the council hopes to offer something for all tastes and abilities as part of its School’s Out’ imitative, starting on Monday, July 23.
Executive member for culture, Councillor Derrick Spear, said: “Our summer holiday programme is always very well attended, so get in quick. Last year about 1,800 young people took part in the activities which are designed to encourage children to keep active and try new things during the school holidays.”
Many of the sessions are free and can be booked from 9am on Wednesday, June 6.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit www.northdevon.gov.uk/sports or call 01271 388871.
- 1 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 9 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl