School’s out programme for local youngsters
Council launches programme of activities for young people this summer.
NORTH Devon Council is launching a six-week programme of activities for young people this summer.
From soccer schools to surfing lessons and den building to family events, the council hopes to offer something for all tastes and abilities as part of its School’s Out’ imitative, starting on Monday, July 23.
Executive member for culture, Councillor Derrick Spear, said: “Our summer holiday programme is always very well attended, so get in quick. Last year about 1,800 young people took part in the activities which are designed to encourage children to keep active and try new things during the school holidays.”
Many of the sessions are free and can be booked from 9am on Wednesday, June 6.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit www.northdevon.gov.uk/sports or call 01271 388871.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety