School’s out programme for local youngsters
Council launches programme of activities for young people this summer.
NORTH Devon Council is launching a six-week programme of activities for young people this summer.
From soccer schools to surfing lessons and den building to family events, the council hopes to offer something for all tastes and abilities as part of its School’s Out’ imitative, starting on Monday, July 23.
Executive member for culture, Councillor Derrick Spear, said: “Our summer holiday programme is always very well attended, so get in quick. Last year about 1,800 young people took part in the activities which are designed to encourage children to keep active and try new things during the school holidays.”
Many of the sessions are free and can be booked from 9am on Wednesday, June 6.
For more information, visit www.northdevon.gov.uk/sports or call 01271 388871.
- 1 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 2 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 3 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 4 OPINION: Support North Devon's fantastic live music venues - Andy McAuley
- 5 Police seek owner of bike found after car stolen in Barnstaple
- 6 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 7 OPINION: Channel your inner Wim Hof in Saunton this weekend
- 8 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 9 Barnstaple shop volunteer Jo wins Flame of Hope Award
- 10 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant