School cheques in with Macmillan
The primary school raised nearly �300 for the charity.
ST MARY’S Church of England Primary School presented Macmillan with a cheque for nearly �300 after a successful coffee morning.
The event, organized by the school’s catering manager Lisa Christopher, saw 70 to 80 people arrive for coffee and cake.
Head teacher Adrian Scarrett, said: “We invited parents and neighbours and were really pleased with the turn out.
“All of the money from the school’s tuck shop on the day also went in to the total, and then Tesco Bideford very kindly topped it up.”
You may also want to watch:
Overall Macmillan was presented with a cheque for �296.77.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted