School cheques in with Macmillan
The primary school raised nearly �300 for the charity.
ST MARY’S Church of England Primary School presented Macmillan with a cheque for nearly �300 after a successful coffee morning.
The event, organized by the school’s catering manager Lisa Christopher, saw 70 to 80 people arrive for coffee and cake.
Head teacher Adrian Scarrett, said: “We invited parents and neighbours and were really pleased with the turn out.
“All of the money from the school’s tuck shop on the day also went in to the total, and then Tesco Bideford very kindly topped it up.”
You may also want to watch:
Overall Macmillan was presented with a cheque for �296.77.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley