School celebrates 30 years
Former pupils and staff were welcomed back to the primary school for its 30th birthday celebrations.
A PRIMARY school in Braunton welcomed pupils past and present as it celebrated its 30th birthday last week.
Kingsacre Primary School opened in 1982 and saw a variety of friendly faces return for an open afternoon on Friday.
Head teacher Steve Morgan said: “It’s been lovely to see so many people; we’ve probably had about 30-50 people including ex-staff, parents and pupils.
“The current year fives made maps and scripts and showed everyone around the school which has changed considerably since our refit last summer.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve covered the school library in photos from throughout the years, and are playing videos of past school plays.
“People have a lot of fond memories of being at Kingsacre and we feel we’re part of a really great community.”
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 3 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 6 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
The pupils welcomed visitors with The School Song, and the celebrations continued with the school’s annual summer fair.