School celebrates 30 years
Former pupils and staff were welcomed back to the primary school for its 30th birthday celebrations.
A PRIMARY school in Braunton welcomed pupils past and present as it celebrated its 30th birthday last week.
Kingsacre Primary School opened in 1982 and saw a variety of friendly faces return for an open afternoon on Friday.
Head teacher Steve Morgan said: “It’s been lovely to see so many people; we’ve probably had about 30-50 people including ex-staff, parents and pupils.
“The current year fives made maps and scripts and showed everyone around the school which has changed considerably since our refit last summer.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve covered the school library in photos from throughout the years, and are playing videos of past school plays.
“People have a lot of fond memories of being at Kingsacre and we feel we’re part of a really great community.”
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
The pupils welcomed visitors with The School Song, and the celebrations continued with the school’s annual summer fair.