School business manager takes on cycle trip
- Credit: Archant
THE school business manager at Great Torrington School will be hopping on his bike to take part in a 220-mile ride.
Chris Ward is training to take part in the Plymouth Argyl Community Trust sponsored bike ride from Oxford to Home Park next month.
It is estimated the trip will take three-to-four days and will raise money for the Argyle Community Trust, Argyle Youth Academy and Prostate Cancer UK.
Chris said: “I am taking part in this challenge as the cause is close to my heart, as both my step father and father in law have been affected by Prostate Cancer and I had a scare last year”.
So far Chris has raised more than £595 towards the charities.
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Chris visit his just giving page at http://www.justgiving.com/Chris-Six-Acre
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon