School art project ends up in London gallery
Fremington’s Spain collage tickles the judges’ tastebuds
Fremington Primary School has won a �500 prize in a national schools’ competition held to promote Spanish food.
Children from the school used fruits and vegetables from the country to design a collage on the theme of healthy eating. The entry placed third overall and has been displayed at the National Geographic Store on London’s Regent Street
The school will use the prize money to spend on new equipment or facilities.
Mar�a Jos� Sevilla, director of Foods from Spain said: “Educating children about eating healthily and leading a healthy lifestyle is vital.
You may also want to watch:
“We were very impressed by the way the children managed to combine healthy eating messages with Spanish culture so creatively.”
The top prize of �2,000 went to St Laurence CE Primary School in Shropshire and Bigyn School in Carmarthenshire, won �1,000 for its second-place collage.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 4 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 8 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl