School art project ends up in London gallery
Fremington’s Spain collage tickles the judges’ tastebuds
Fremington Primary School has won a �500 prize in a national schools’ competition held to promote Spanish food.
Children from the school used fruits and vegetables from the country to design a collage on the theme of healthy eating. The entry placed third overall and has been displayed at the National Geographic Store on London’s Regent Street
The school will use the prize money to spend on new equipment or facilities.
Mar�a Jos� Sevilla, director of Foods from Spain said: “Educating children about eating healthily and leading a healthy lifestyle is vital.
You may also want to watch:
“We were very impressed by the way the children managed to combine healthy eating messages with Spanish culture so creatively.”
The top prize of �2,000 went to St Laurence CE Primary School in Shropshire and Bigyn School in Carmarthenshire, won �1,000 for its second-place collage.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online