Scary Guy comes to Route 39
- Credit: Archant
Unconventional speaker and educator paying a visit to North Devon’s newest secondary school.
UNIQUE motivational speaker The Scary Guy will be working with pupils at the new Route 39 Academy in Clovelly this week.
The American comedian, philosopher and educator travels the world with his message and programmes for addressing violence and bullying in schools.
While of course the region’s newest secondary and free school is hardly expecting a bullying epidemic, Scary’s message can be applied in many walks of life.
He shows how people can be educated to deal with bullying or negative behaviour, becoming confident and responsible for their words and actions.
You may also want to watch:
With a Mohawk haircut and covered in tattoos, his appearance is certainly striking but his message is about non violence and resolving conflict.
His teaching is said to offer a different stance from most anti-bullying programmes, by presenting his students with a solution for moments of trouble and teaching them how to use it.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
Scary will be working with students at Route 39 from Wednesday until Friday.