Scarecrow helps children learn about harvest
- Credit: Archant
Special helper teaches kindergarten pupils learn about the autumn and harvest.
CHILDREN at Shebbear College Kindergarten have been taking part in seasonal celebrations with a very special helper.
Sandy the Scarecrow paid a visit to the pupils to teach them about the autumn and the harvest.
The youngsters investigated various fruits and vegetables and made soup, as well as using the vegetables for print painting.
During the harvest festival, pupils also sand a number of songs about autumn to a large audience of parents and staff.
You may also want to watch:
This week, bulb and seed planting will take place in the kindergarten’s garden area.
Anyone who wishes to visit the college and see the facilities should contact the school’s office on 01409 282000.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up