Scarecrow helps children learn about harvest
- Credit: Archant
Special helper teaches kindergarten pupils learn about the autumn and harvest.
CHILDREN at Shebbear College Kindergarten have been taking part in seasonal celebrations with a very special helper.
Sandy the Scarecrow paid a visit to the pupils to teach them about the autumn and the harvest.
The youngsters investigated various fruits and vegetables and made soup, as well as using the vegetables for print painting.
During the harvest festival, pupils also sand a number of songs about autumn to a large audience of parents and staff.
You may also want to watch:
This week, bulb and seed planting will take place in the kindergarten’s garden area.
Anyone who wishes to visit the college and see the facilities should contact the school’s office on 01409 282000.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
- 9 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 10 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival