Save these woods
I am horrified at the proposal by Wessex Projects Ltd to build a McDonald’s, Brewers Fayre and Premier Inn on the Moreton Park woods site.
Britain is one of the most treeless countries in the whole of Europe by a long way (nearly a quarter of the European average).
We can ill afford to lose any more trees, especially in Bideford, where there is only one small piece of publicly accessible forest for the whole population.
While I am not advocating that the companies mentioned do not develop somewhere in or near the town, to cut down one of the last remaining pieces of woodland would be shortsighted and in my mind not in the public interest.
Planning has just been submitted and I for one will do what I can to prevent this crime against nature and common sense.
You may also want to watch:
Please visit petitionbuzz.com (savemoretonwoods) to log your support, and the Facebook group “Save Moreton Park woods from McDonald’s”.
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes