Saunton surf paddle appeal
ORGANISERS of the Paddle4Relief charity surf paddle have made a last-minute appeal for volunteers ahead of Saturday s event. The event starts at Saunton beach at 1pm, with participants using surf boards to paddle from Saunton to Croyde and back to raise m
ORGANISERS of the Paddle4Relief charity surf paddle have made a last-minute appeal for volunteers ahead of Saturday's event.
The event starts at Saunton beach at 1pm, with participants using surf boards to paddle from Saunton to Croyde and back to raise money for Sri Lankan families still rebuilding their lives following the 2004 Boxing Day tsunami.
The charity hopes to raise the �1,500 needed to fund 10 well projects to provide 20 families with safe drinking water.
Spokesperson Karen Freeman said: "Due to several factors, this year we are thinner on the ground with volunteers than we'd like to be.
You may also want to watch:
"We would really appreciate some extra help on the day, in any way; if you are able to assist us, please email me as soon as possible so that we can establish roughly how many people we have to assist in the smooth running of the event."
To offer to help, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (01271) 859188.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 3 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 9 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes