Saunton surf paddle appeal
ORGANISERS of the Paddle4Relief charity surf paddle have made a last-minute appeal for volunteers ahead of Saturday s event. The event starts at Saunton beach at 1pm, with participants using surf boards to paddle from Saunton to Croyde and back to raise m
ORGANISERS of the Paddle4Relief charity surf paddle have made a last-minute appeal for volunteers ahead of Saturday's event.
The event starts at Saunton beach at 1pm, with participants using surf boards to paddle from Saunton to Croyde and back to raise money for Sri Lankan families still rebuilding their lives following the 2004 Boxing Day tsunami.
The charity hopes to raise the �1,500 needed to fund 10 well projects to provide 20 families with safe drinking water.
Spokesperson Karen Freeman said: "Due to several factors, this year we are thinner on the ground with volunteers than we'd like to be.
You may also want to watch:
"We would really appreciate some extra help on the day, in any way; if you are able to assist us, please email me as soon as possible so that we can establish roughly how many people we have to assist in the smooth running of the event."
To offer to help, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (01271) 859188.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone