Sauna fire at Europa Holiday Park in Woolacombe
- Credit: Archant
Six fire crews called out to fire at caravan park in Woolacombe where three casualties are being treated by ambulance personel.
Three men were injured in a fire which broke out in a sauna at Europa Park in Woolacombe.
Two crews from Ilfracombe joined crews from Woolacombe, Braunton, Barnstaple and Combe Martin at this park this afternoon (Monday).
They arrived shortly after 2pm and requested an incident command unit, aerial platform ladder, environmental protection unit and a water carrier to attend.
Fire fighters are currently using two breathing apparatus wearers and compressed air foam to combat the fire.
You may also want to watch:
A man was taken to hopsital with leg injuries, a second man was treated for burns and a third treated for smoke inhalation.
Once the fire was out, fire fighters checked for hot spots and applied compressed air foam to solar panels on the roof.
- 1 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 2 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 3 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 4 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 5 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 6 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon
- 7 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 8 Egg-ceptional packaging design from autistic Petroc student Brooke
- 9 Men admit Ilfracombe park stabbing
- 10 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
In a statement Europa Park management confirmed the incident and thanked emergency services.
A spokesman said: “Thankfully only minor injuries have been suffered, mainly smoke inhalation by Europa staff as they evacuated guests from the building quickly and calmly.
“We’d like to thank the emergency services and staff members who acted quickly to ensure nobody was seriously injured.
“We’ll be assessing damage to facilities in the coming days and will announce further anything that is likely to affect any guest stays.
“We are not currently able to answer the phone, as we are still evacuated from the main building and offices, we thank you for your patience.”