Satellite police station for Sticklepath
PEOPLE in the Sticklepath area of Barnstaple will now be able to meet their neighbourhood policing team face to face at a newly opened satellite police station at the Sticklepath Children s Centre. The Devon County Council managed facility will make it e
PEOPLE in the Sticklepath area of Barnstaple will now be able to meet their neighbourhood policing team face to face at a newly opened satellite police station at the Sticklepath Children's Centre.
The Devon County Council managed facility will make it easier for the community to get advice and help from their officers in person.
Neighbourhood beat manager PC Terry Hodgson said: "As the local neighbourhood policing team for the Sticklepath and Roundswell area, we are extremely pleased to have been provided with this exciting and practical opportunity to further improve our relationship with the local community. We exist to serve the area in any way we can or are requested and look forward to the local residents utilising both the new office and the services that we provide".
Centre Manager Irene Greaves said: "Children's Centres aim to be embedded in their local community, delivering a range of integrated services for families. We are, therefore, delighted to welcome the local Neighbourhood Policing Team. We look forward to working in partnership with the team and are confident that local families will find the service invaluable".
You may also want to watch:
Devon County Councillor Andrea Davis, Cabinet Member for Children's Health and Wellbeing, said: "This additional facility at Sticklepath Children's Centre is a welcome extension to the services already being offered and provides further opportunities for us to work in partnership for the benefit of children and families in the local community.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 3 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 4 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 5 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 6 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 7 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 8 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner