Registration opens for Bideford Santas on the Run
- Credit: Archant
Registration for the 2km Santas on the Run event is now open with a special early-bird discount in place.
The annual Santas on the Run is returning to Bideford this December in aid of Children’s Hospice South West.
The run will take place on Sunday, December 3, as part of the town’s Christmas lights switch on.
Registration for the 2km fun run is now open, with an early-bird discount if you sign up before October 8.
Jayne Jarrett, Events Fundraiser for CHSW said: “Santas on the Run is such a fun way to start the festive season and get everyone in the Christmas spirit.
You may also want to watch:
“Whether you are taking part with family, friends or even as a Christmas outing with colleagues seeing so many Santas all in one place is such a sight to behold and means so much to the charity to have this support at such a special time of year.”
Santas can walk, jog or run the route and everyone who takes part will get a free Santa suit as well as a medal.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 7 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 8 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 9 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
Fundraising from the run helps to support the work of the hospice which supports local children with life limiting conditions.
Christmas is always a poignant time of year for families supported by the charity, some of whom may be sharing their last Christmas together.
Little Bridge House is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year providing support for local children with life limiting conditions and their families, providing short breaks, respite, palliative care, end of life care and bereavement support.
To sign up to Santas on the Run and take advantage of the early bird offer visit www.chsw.org.uk/santas.
Early bird prices are £12 for adults, £6 for children, £30 for a family and £108 for a group of 10.