Registration opens for Bideford Santas on the Run
- Credit: Archant
Registration for the 2km Santas on the Run event is now open with a special early-bird discount in place.
The annual Santas on the Run is returning to Bideford this December in aid of Children’s Hospice South West.
The run will take place on Sunday, December 3, as part of the town’s Christmas lights switch on.
Registration for the 2km fun run is now open, with an early-bird discount if you sign up before October 8.
Jayne Jarrett, Events Fundraiser for CHSW said: “Santas on the Run is such a fun way to start the festive season and get everyone in the Christmas spirit.
“Whether you are taking part with family, friends or even as a Christmas outing with colleagues seeing so many Santas all in one place is such a sight to behold and means so much to the charity to have this support at such a special time of year.”
Santas can walk, jog or run the route and everyone who takes part will get a free Santa suit as well as a medal.
- 1 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 2 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 3 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 4 Council forms group to tackle North Devon housing crisis
- 5 Loud music man fined after breaching official order
- 6 New recycled plastic tables installed at Victoria Park
- 7 RGB's North Devon branches helping others this Christmas
- 8 Holsworthy link mental health centre looks set to close permanently
- 9 Heddon Valley crowned top of winter walks table
- 10 OPINION: Surfers Not Street Children ambassadors visit Croyde
Fundraising from the run helps to support the work of the hospice which supports local children with life limiting conditions.
Christmas is always a poignant time of year for families supported by the charity, some of whom may be sharing their last Christmas together.
Little Bridge House is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year providing support for local children with life limiting conditions and their families, providing short breaks, respite, palliative care, end of life care and bereavement support.
To sign up to Santas on the Run and take advantage of the early bird offer visit www.chsw.org.uk/santas.
Early bird prices are £12 for adults, £6 for children, £30 for a family and £108 for a group of 10.