Santa takes to the streets of Braunton
Braunton Caen Rotary Santa Sleigh is a hit with villagers.
THE streets of Braunton have been alive to the sound of Christmas music and the sight of Santa in his sleigh during the past week.
A series of parades each night through different parts of the village were organised by Braunton Caen Rotary Club, with Santa and his elves raising a total of �1,556.06 for charity.
The proceeds will go to the British Heart Foundation Heart Start scheme to purchase a defibrillator for the village, as well as the RMB Chivenor Community Fund and other local Rotary charities.
“This is an incredible start to the Christmas Festivities’” said John Rendle of Braunton Caen Rotary.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had a magnificent response from the people of Braunton who really appreciated the magical appearance of Santa outside their homes.”
Club president Alan Cunningtom added: “It has been such fun, despite the weather, seeing people on their doorsteps and in the streets smiling and waving has reminded us of the excitement of Christmas. We wish everyone peace and happiness at this Festive time.”
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 8 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
It is hoped Santa’s tour of the village will become an annual event.