Santa takes to the streets of Braunton
Braunton Caen Rotary Santa Sleigh is a hit with villagers.
THE streets of Braunton have been alive to the sound of Christmas music and the sight of Santa in his sleigh during the past week.
A series of parades each night through different parts of the village were organised by Braunton Caen Rotary Club, with Santa and his elves raising a total of �1,556.06 for charity.
The proceeds will go to the British Heart Foundation Heart Start scheme to purchase a defibrillator for the village, as well as the RMB Chivenor Community Fund and other local Rotary charities.
“This is an incredible start to the Christmas Festivities’” said John Rendle of Braunton Caen Rotary.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had a magnificent response from the people of Braunton who really appreciated the magical appearance of Santa outside their homes.”
Club president Alan Cunningtom added: “It has been such fun, despite the weather, seeing people on their doorsteps and in the streets smiling and waving has reminded us of the excitement of Christmas. We wish everyone peace and happiness at this Festive time.”
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 8 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 9 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
It is hoped Santa’s tour of the village will become an annual event.