Santa flying over North Devon today in Sea King helicopter
- Credit: Historic Helicopters
Santa and his elves will be flying over North Devon today (Tuesday, December 22) and bringing cheer to young and old patients at the hospital too.
An all-too-familiar yellow Sea King helicopter will return to skies across the area as Historic Helicopters, based in Chard, takes Santa and his helpers on a two hour plus tour of North Devon and Somerset.
The times posted on the Sea King Helicopter Facebook page are only approximate, according to organisers, but Santa is set to lift off at 12noon.
The latest on the Sea King page suggests new locations, have been added, with South Molton at 12.35pm and the Bideford and Appledore area at 1.10pm.
Times are likely to vary but the original itinerary had the aircraft at Lapford at 12.25pm, then North Devon District Hospital at 12.45.
It is understood the helicopter will be landing at the hospital to drop off presents for youngsters in the Caroline Thorpe children’s ward.
You may also want to watch:
Note: Latest update suggests Santa will be at South Molton at 12.35pm and Bideford area at 1.10pm.
- 1 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 2 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 3 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 4 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 10 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
1.Santa will lift off at 12:00
2. Chard 12:05
5. Lapford 12:25
6. Bishops Tawton
7. NDDH 12:45
8. Chivenor 13:05
15. Ilfracombe 13:25
16,. Combe Martin
22. Taunton Musgrove Park Hospital 13:45
23. Bridgewater 14:00
29. South Petherton
30. Crewkerne 14:30
31. Historic Helicopters 14:35
ALL TIMINGS ARE APPROXIMATE