Santa Claus is coming to Barnstaple
Round Table sleigh visits coming to a street near you
HE’S made a list, checked it twice, and from Saturday, Father Christmas will be visiting Barnstaple to see who’s been naughty and nice!
The grand old gentleman will be making a series of special tours around the town as part of the local Round Table clubs’ annual Santa Sleigh Runs.
The fun starts on Saturday, December 11 in the Roundswell area of Barnstaple before moving into Sticklepath on Sunday 12.
It’s the turn of Tower View on Monday 13; Upper Newport on Tuesday 14; and Lower Newport on Wednesday 15.
You may also want to watch:
On Thursday, 16, Santa will visit Pilton; Whiddon Valley on Sunday 19; Goodleigh Rise and Forches on Monday 20; Raleigh Road and St George’s Road on Tuesday 21; Gorwell Road on Wednesday 22; and the town centre (including Bear Street and Ashleigh Road) on Thursday 23.
Weekend Santa runs will take place from 2-9pm, while weekday events are scheduled from 4.30-9pm. This year, people will be able to track Santa’s exact whereabouts by joining him on Facebook.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 8 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
Santa said: “I’ve managed to set up my own Facebook account and promise to keep the page as up to date as possible using my Blackberry.”
The event, organised for the fourth year running by the Barnstaple and District Round Table, is being held to raise money for local charities. Last year, Round Tablers and their helpers walked a total of 300 miles and collected around �6,200 for good causes.
“I’m looking forward to collecting money for local charities with the guys from Barnstaple Round Table,” added Santa.
“By using Facebook, people will be able to find out exactly where we are, on the route each night – you can add me as a friend on Facebook, by searching for ‘Santa Barnstaple’.”