Santa band's belated gift
CHRISTMAS may be a distant memory, but the Santa Band at St John s Garden Centre in Barnstaple had one last gift to bestow to a local charity. A total of �2,500 has been presented to Northam Lodge, the charity which provides residential and day care servi
CHRISTMAS may be a distant memory, but the Santa Band at St John's Garden Centre in Barnstaple had one last gift to bestow to a local charity.
A total of �2,500 has been presented to Northam Lodge, the charity which provides residential and day care services for people with learning and physical disabilities.
All the money was donated by visitors to the garden centrer during the festive season in appreciation of the imaginative Polar Express display created for 2009.
Charity chairman Tim Malone said: "At Northam Lodge we look after 24 adults with profound learning disabilities aged from 32 to 82, both men and women.
You may also want to watch:
"Three-quarters are wheelchair bound and they come from all over North Devon. We also offer respite and day care facilities and we have a staff of around 70.
"Of course, all this takes money and so we are extremely grateful for the support of St John's and the public who donated so generously."
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
n Find out more about the work of Northam Lodge at www.northamlodge.co.uk