Santa band's belated gift
CHRISTMAS may be a distant memory, but the Santa Band at St John s Garden Centre in Barnstaple had one last gift to bestow to a local charity. A total of �2,500 has been presented to Northam Lodge, the charity which provides residential and day care servi
CHRISTMAS may be a distant memory, but the Santa Band at St John's Garden Centre in Barnstaple had one last gift to bestow to a local charity.
A total of �2,500 has been presented to Northam Lodge, the charity which provides residential and day care services for people with learning and physical disabilities.
All the money was donated by visitors to the garden centrer during the festive season in appreciation of the imaginative Polar Express display created for 2009.
Charity chairman Tim Malone said: "At Northam Lodge we look after 24 adults with profound learning disabilities aged from 32 to 82, both men and women.
You may also want to watch:
"Three-quarters are wheelchair bound and they come from all over North Devon. We also offer respite and day care facilities and we have a staff of around 70.
"Of course, all this takes money and so we are extremely grateful for the support of St John's and the public who donated so generously."
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 3 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 4 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 5 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 6 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 7 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 8 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 9 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
n Find out more about the work of Northam Lodge at www.northamlodge.co.uk