Santa band's belated gift
CHRISTMAS may be a distant memory, but the Santa Band at St John s Garden Centre in Barnstaple had one last gift to bestow to a local charity. A total of �2,500 has been presented to Northam Lodge, the charity which provides residential and day care servi
CHRISTMAS may be a distant memory, but the Santa Band at St John's Garden Centre in Barnstaple had one last gift to bestow to a local charity.
A total of �2,500 has been presented to Northam Lodge, the charity which provides residential and day care services for people with learning and physical disabilities.
All the money was donated by visitors to the garden centrer during the festive season in appreciation of the imaginative Polar Express display created for 2009.
Charity chairman Tim Malone said: "At Northam Lodge we look after 24 adults with profound learning disabilities aged from 32 to 82, both men and women.
You may also want to watch:
"Three-quarters are wheelchair bound and they come from all over North Devon. We also offer respite and day care facilities and we have a staff of around 70.
"Of course, all this takes money and so we are extremely grateful for the support of St John's and the public who donated so generously."
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 8 Meet former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo in Barnstaple
- 9 Barnstaple Waterstones to host first event since March 2020
- 10 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
n Find out more about the work of Northam Lodge at www.northamlodge.co.uk