Santa band's belated gift
CHRISTMAS may be a distant memory, but the Santa Band at St John s Garden Centre in Barnstaple had one last gift to bestow to a local charity. A total of �2,500 has been presented to Northam Lodge, the charity which provides residential and day care servi
CHRISTMAS may be a distant memory, but the Santa Band at St John's Garden Centre in Barnstaple had one last gift to bestow to a local charity.
A total of �2,500 has been presented to Northam Lodge, the charity which provides residential and day care services for people with learning and physical disabilities.
All the money was donated by visitors to the garden centrer during the festive season in appreciation of the imaginative Polar Express display created for 2009.
Charity chairman Tim Malone said: "At Northam Lodge we look after 24 adults with profound learning disabilities aged from 32 to 82, both men and women.
You may also want to watch:
"Three-quarters are wheelchair bound and they come from all over North Devon. We also offer respite and day care facilities and we have a staff of around 70.
"Of course, all this takes money and so we are extremely grateful for the support of St John's and the public who donated so generously."
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 4 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 10 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
n Find out more about the work of Northam Lodge at www.northamlodge.co.uk