Salvation Army's Christmas present appeal
CHILDREN and families in the Barnstaple, Bideford and Ilfracombe areas will enjoy a happy Christmas this year, thanks to The Salvation Army s Christmas Present Appeal in conjunction with the Superdrug Stores in the three towns. People are being invited to
CHILDREN and families in the Barnstaple, Bideford and Ilfracombe areas will enjoy a happy Christmas this year, thanks to The Salvation Army's Christmas Present Appeal in conjunction with the Superdrug Stores in the three towns.
People are being invited to drop in to Superdrug with gifts for children aged 0-16. The gifts will be then be distributed to referred children and families in the area through The Salvation Army's own network and via social services.
Making a donation is simple. Buy a toy or gift for a child aged 0-16 years and take it, unwrapped to Superdrug. A team of volunteers will then wrap the gift and ensure it reaches a needy child or young person this Christmas.
International church and charity The Salvation Army is one of the UK's largest and most diverse providers of social services after the Government. Through its network of 800 churches and social service centres, The Salvation Army works with thousands of children and families and is perfectly placed to distribute the Christmas Present Appeal gifts to those people in society who are most at need at Christmas. "If you have children or grandchildren, or nieces and nephews or young friends, think of what they might like in their Christmas stocking and consider buying one extra present and donating it," said Heather Hauselman the local Salvation Army Officer. "We really appreciate and value the partnership the Salvation Army has with Superdrug and the support of the manager and staff within the three branches."
You may also want to watch:
"We believe every child deserves a new gift at Christmas, and are therefore unable to take used or second hand items for the appeal.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 3 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 7 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 10 Team to lead community-focussed Gazette into new era