Salvation Army launches present appeal in Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
Appeal launched today (Fri) means shoppers can donate presents at Superdrug in Barnstaple which will be given to children in need in the town.
THE Salvation Army in Barnstaple is launching its annual Christmas Present Appeal today (Friday) to help families in need.
The appeal will provide presents for children aged zero to 16-years-old across Barnstaple with a donation station in Barnstaple’s Superdrug store.
Shoppers can donate new gifts in the High Street shop from Friday until December 16, when they will be collected by the Salvation Army and given to those in need.
Captain Vincent Wall, of the Salvation Army, said gifts for all ages are welcome but the most sought after gifts are for teenage boys who often get left out in these sorts of appeals.
You may also want to watch:
“Many families linked with local partner agencies such as single-parent support networks and family centres have come to rely on the toys donated through The Salvation Army’s annual gift appeal,” he said.
“For children and young people we need everything, from soft and educational toys for the very youngest, to CDs, games, toys and accessories for older children.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
“If you have children or grandchildren, or nieces and nephews or young friends, think of what they might like in their Christmas stocking and consider buying one extra present and donating.
“We believe every child deserves a new gift at Christmas, and are therefore unable to take used or second hand items for the Christmas Present Appeal.”
All donations are welcome except food products or used toys. Donate your gift at Superdrug in the High Street, Barnstaple.