Sainsburys South Molton supports chemo appeal
Staff select North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal as charity for the year.
SUPERMARKET workers in South Molton are getting behind a �2.2million appeal to build a new chemotherapy centre and day treatment centre.
Staff at the town’s Sainsbury’s have chosen the Chemotherapy Appeal as its charity for the year.
Every month between now and July 2013, different departments at the New Road store will be holding fund-raising stunts and events to help swell the campaign for better local treatment for cancer sufferers.
Last year, colleagues and customers raised �1,500 for Exmoor Search and Rescue and PR ambassador Charlotte Hall hopes to more than match the efforts this time around.
You may also want to watch:
“The charity is very close to many of us at the store – we all know someone affected by cancer.
The store is planning to make a colourful statement for the appeal’s Big Purple Day on Friday, July 13 – and they’ll have a great head-start thanks to the firm’s purple-coloured uniforms.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
Chemotherapy Appeal fund-raising manager Ian Roome said: “It’s fantastic that Sainsbury’s have pledged us their support for the year ahead.
“It’s backing like this from people in our community that is helping to push the appeal closer and closer towards its target.
“I’ve no doubt that the Sainsbury’s colleagues and customers will do us proud.”
The store has collection tins positioned on every till and has also set up its own Just Giving web page: www.justgiving.com/Sainsbury-s-South-Molton