Sainsburys South Molton supports chemo appeal
Staff select North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal as charity for the year.
SUPERMARKET workers in South Molton are getting behind a �2.2million appeal to build a new chemotherapy centre and day treatment centre.
Staff at the town’s Sainsbury’s have chosen the Chemotherapy Appeal as its charity for the year.
Every month between now and July 2013, different departments at the New Road store will be holding fund-raising stunts and events to help swell the campaign for better local treatment for cancer sufferers.
Last year, colleagues and customers raised �1,500 for Exmoor Search and Rescue and PR ambassador Charlotte Hall hopes to more than match the efforts this time around.
“The charity is very close to many of us at the store – we all know someone affected by cancer.
The store is planning to make a colourful statement for the appeal’s Big Purple Day on Friday, July 13 – and they’ll have a great head-start thanks to the firm’s purple-coloured uniforms.
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 4 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 5 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 6 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 7 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 8 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 9 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 10 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas
Chemotherapy Appeal fund-raising manager Ian Roome said: “It’s fantastic that Sainsbury’s have pledged us their support for the year ahead.
“It’s backing like this from people in our community that is helping to push the appeal closer and closer towards its target.
“I’ve no doubt that the Sainsbury’s colleagues and customers will do us proud.”
The store has collection tins positioned on every till and has also set up its own Just Giving web page: www.justgiving.com/Sainsbury-s-South-Molton