Sainsburys South Molton supports chemo appeal
Staff select North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal as charity for the year.
SUPERMARKET workers in South Molton are getting behind a �2.2million appeal to build a new chemotherapy centre and day treatment centre.
Staff at the town’s Sainsbury’s have chosen the Chemotherapy Appeal as its charity for the year.
Every month between now and July 2013, different departments at the New Road store will be holding fund-raising stunts and events to help swell the campaign for better local treatment for cancer sufferers.
Last year, colleagues and customers raised �1,500 for Exmoor Search and Rescue and PR ambassador Charlotte Hall hopes to more than match the efforts this time around.
You may also want to watch:
“The charity is very close to many of us at the store – we all know someone affected by cancer.
The store is planning to make a colourful statement for the appeal’s Big Purple Day on Friday, July 13 – and they’ll have a great head-start thanks to the firm’s purple-coloured uniforms.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 6 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 7 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 8 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
Chemotherapy Appeal fund-raising manager Ian Roome said: “It’s fantastic that Sainsbury’s have pledged us their support for the year ahead.
“It’s backing like this from people in our community that is helping to push the appeal closer and closer towards its target.
“I’ve no doubt that the Sainsbury’s colleagues and customers will do us proud.”
The store has collection tins positioned on every till and has also set up its own Just Giving web page: www.justgiving.com/Sainsbury-s-South-Molton