Sainsbury's set stall out in South Molton
SOUTH Molton's Somerfield store is set to become a Sainsbury s by the end of the year. Sainsbury s, which operates a store in Barnstaple, announced today (Thursday) that it had exchanged contracts to acquire the store with owners the Co-operative Group. T
SOUTH Molton's Somerfield store is set to become a Sainsbury's by the end of the year.
Sainsbury's, which operates a store in Barnstaple, announced today (Thursday) that it had exchanged contracts to acquire the store with owners the Co-operative Group.
The New Road supermarket is expected to close for a period of refurbishment and re-branding in the next couple of months.
A spokesman for Sainsbury's said the new store would provide improved and modernised shopping facilities for the local community and offer an excellent fresh food and grocery range.
You may also want to watch:
All colleagues employed at the Somerfield store will be offered employment with Sainsbury's under TUPE regulations.
Chris Templeman, head of property development, said: "The South Molton Somerfield presents an excellent opportunity for us to extend the Sainsbury's offer in Devon. We look forward to welcoming new colleagues to Sainsbury's.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 5 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 6 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 9 Christine Stephenson found safe and well
- 10 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
"I am also pleased to confirm that all former Somerfield colleagues will be offered jobs at the new store. During the closure period our new colleagues will undergo training in preparation for the opening.