Sainsbury's set stall out in South Molton
SOUTH Molton's Somerfield store is set to become a Sainsbury s by the end of the year. Sainsbury s, which operates a store in Barnstaple, announced today (Thursday) that it had exchanged contracts to acquire the store with owners the Co-operative Group. T
SOUTH Molton's Somerfield store is set to become a Sainsbury's by the end of the year.
Sainsbury's, which operates a store in Barnstaple, announced today (Thursday) that it had exchanged contracts to acquire the store with owners the Co-operative Group.
The New Road supermarket is expected to close for a period of refurbishment and re-branding in the next couple of months.
A spokesman for Sainsbury's said the new store would provide improved and modernised shopping facilities for the local community and offer an excellent fresh food and grocery range.
You may also want to watch:
All colleagues employed at the Somerfield store will be offered employment with Sainsbury's under TUPE regulations.
Chris Templeman, head of property development, said: "The South Molton Somerfield presents an excellent opportunity for us to extend the Sainsbury's offer in Devon. We look forward to welcoming new colleagues to Sainsbury's.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
"I am also pleased to confirm that all former Somerfield colleagues will be offered jobs at the new store. During the closure period our new colleagues will undergo training in preparation for the opening.