Sainsbury's set stall out in South Molton
SOUTH Molton's Somerfield store is set to become a Sainsbury s by the end of the year. Sainsbury s, which operates a store in Barnstaple, announced today (Thursday) that it had exchanged contracts to acquire the store with owners the Co-operative Group. T
SOUTH Molton's Somerfield store is set to become a Sainsbury's by the end of the year.
Sainsbury's, which operates a store in Barnstaple, announced today (Thursday) that it had exchanged contracts to acquire the store with owners the Co-operative Group.
The New Road supermarket is expected to close for a period of refurbishment and re-branding in the next couple of months.
A spokesman for Sainsbury's said the new store would provide improved and modernised shopping facilities for the local community and offer an excellent fresh food and grocery range.
You may also want to watch:
All colleagues employed at the Somerfield store will be offered employment with Sainsbury's under TUPE regulations.
Chris Templeman, head of property development, said: "The South Molton Somerfield presents an excellent opportunity for us to extend the Sainsbury's offer in Devon. We look forward to welcoming new colleagues to Sainsbury's.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
"I am also pleased to confirm that all former Somerfield colleagues will be offered jobs at the new store. During the closure period our new colleagues will undergo training in preparation for the opening.