Safety help and advice for North Devon's drivers
FREE talks on road safety and the route to better driving skills will be on offer in Barnstaple during the coming months. The Barnstaple and North Devon Group of Advanced Motorists (BANDAM) is holding a series of monthly meetings at Platform 1 in the old
FREE talks on road safety and the route to better driving skills will be on offer in Barnstaple during the coming months.
The Barnstaple and North Devon Group of Advanced Motorists (BANDAM) is holding a series of monthly meetings at Platform 1 in the old railway station at Castle Quay.
The next talks will be on Wednesday, March 10 and Wednesday, April 14, both starting at 7.30pm.
They will offer a variety of useful advice on driving safely and improving skills on the road, with young or new drivers especially welcome to attend.
You may also want to watch:
For full licence holders the charity also arranges practical driving assessments, with an observer accompanying the motorist to assess their time behind the wheel and suggest ways of improving if need be.
Longer improvement courses are also available for full licence holders.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
All are welcome to attend the meetings at Platform 1, while to find out more about BANDAM, driving assessments and courses, contact secretary Anthony Darling on (01237) 422696 or email BANDAM_Secretary@talktalk.net.