Safe environment for children
SIR - I totally support last week s letter from Christine Sawl regarding Torridge Pool entitled: Pool Boycott - Ridiculous . I have used this swimming pool for many years and found it to be excellent in every way. In fact, far superior to any other po
SIR - I totally support last week's letter from Christine Sawl regarding Torridge Pool entitled: "Pool Boycott -"Ridiculous".
I have used this swimming pool for many years and found it to be excellent in every way. In fact, far superior to any other pool in the area (including Barnstaple).
I was among those who protested on the front page of this paper some years ago when North Devon Leisure Centre decided, in their wisdom, to introduce mixed changing rooms. I voted with my feet - and carried on always giving my custom to the Torridge Pool in Northam.
I can only speak for the Ladies' Changing Rooms and absolutely agree with Christine that you could not have a safer environment for children than this.
You may also want to watch:
It is one large open area and everyone can keep a safe eye on everyone else. Of course, we all love children dearly - but as soon as us grown-ups hear the schools coming, we scurry to get dressed and get out of the way of the little darlings. Their teachers are always in attendance to look after them. So just what is the problem? I am appalled that schools are boycotting this pool. Have parents been consulted?
I was amazed to learn recently that some schools do not even have swimming on their curriculum as a weekly lesson! I was also saddened to learn that indeed some staff at the pool have been put on short time because of this latest "nonsense". I am totally unaware that anything untoward has ever happened here. The staff are brilliant; the place is always kept clean and safe ..... so get a grip whoever dreamed up this "boycott". If anyone wants to get a "Support Torridge Pool" campaign going, then count me in!
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 8 Meet former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo in Barnstaple
- 9 Barnstaple Waterstones to host first event since March 2020
- 10 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station