Rush hour chaos after Braunton Road collision
Traffic backed up right through the town following two-vehicle collision at Pottington.
RUSH HOUR traffic came to a standstill on Wednesday evening after a two-vehicle collision in Pottington, Barnstaple.
The incident occurred at 4.55pm on the Braunton Road, at traffic lights outside the Barnstaple Hotel, between a Daf FA series white skip truck and a blue Toyota Land Cruiser.
Police were redirecting vehicles around the area while the vehicles were recovered, and traffic was backed right up through the town.
The man driving the truck was taken to North Devon District Hospital with a head injury.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed the traffic lights had been out for most of the afternoon preceding the collision.
A Devon County Council spokesman said: “Unfortunately we have had an equipment failure at this location, but the maintenance contractor has carried out a temporary repair today [Thursday] to get the signals operating again.
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted
“We will be undertaking further work over the next few days to carry out a full repair.”