Rush hour chaos after Braunton Road collision
Traffic backed up right through the town following two-vehicle collision at Pottington.
RUSH HOUR traffic came to a standstill on Wednesday evening after a two-vehicle collision in Pottington, Barnstaple.
The incident occurred at 4.55pm on the Braunton Road, at traffic lights outside the Barnstaple Hotel, between a Daf FA series white skip truck and a blue Toyota Land Cruiser.
Police were redirecting vehicles around the area while the vehicles were recovered, and traffic was backed right up through the town.
The man driving the truck was taken to North Devon District Hospital with a head injury.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed the traffic lights had been out for most of the afternoon preceding the collision.
A Devon County Council spokesman said: “Unfortunately we have had an equipment failure at this location, but the maintenance contractor has carried out a temporary repair today [Thursday] to get the signals operating again.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
“We will be undertaking further work over the next few days to carry out a full repair.”