Rush hour chaos after Braunton Road collision
Traffic backed up right through the town following two-vehicle collision at Pottington.
RUSH HOUR traffic came to a standstill on Wednesday evening after a two-vehicle collision in Pottington, Barnstaple.
The incident occurred at 4.55pm on the Braunton Road, at traffic lights outside the Barnstaple Hotel, between a Daf FA series white skip truck and a blue Toyota Land Cruiser.
Police were redirecting vehicles around the area while the vehicles were recovered, and traffic was backed right up through the town.
The man driving the truck was taken to North Devon District Hospital with a head injury.
It is believed the traffic lights had been out for most of the afternoon preceding the collision.
A Devon County Council spokesman said: “Unfortunately we have had an equipment failure at this location, but the maintenance contractor has carried out a temporary repair today [Thursday] to get the signals operating again.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 3 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 4 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage
- 10 Young Jack strides out again for charity
“We will be undertaking further work over the next few days to carry out a full repair.”