Rural images put North Devon in the picture
Region gets European showcase in rural photography competition.
IMAGES of rural North Devon have been entered into an international photographic competition celebrating country life across Europe.
Leader 4 Torridge and North Devon has submitted a shortlist of entries to the Images of Rural Europe contest, launched by the European Network for Rural Development.
Local photographers Kevin Nicholson, Nicholas Woodrow and Mary Shepherd have all had images entered across five categories.
Kevin Nicholson’s Applepress at Narracott was considered the best local entry.
You may also want to watch:
The winning photographs will be announced later this month and will feature at an exhibition taking place in Brussels in July.
“The quality of the images received was extremely high and a great reminder of the value and diversity of our area and its people.”
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
Category winners selected by the Leader 4 panel will receive J&A Photography vouchers.
To view the images selected click on the link at the top right of this page.