Rural images put North Devon in the picture
Region gets European showcase in rural photography competition.
IMAGES of rural North Devon have been entered into an international photographic competition celebrating country life across Europe.
Leader 4 Torridge and North Devon has submitted a shortlist of entries to the Images of Rural Europe contest, launched by the European Network for Rural Development.
Local photographers Kevin Nicholson, Nicholas Woodrow and Mary Shepherd have all had images entered across five categories.
Kevin Nicholson’s Applepress at Narracott was considered the best local entry.
You may also want to watch:
The winning photographs will be announced later this month and will feature at an exhibition taking place in Brussels in July.
“The quality of the images received was extremely high and a great reminder of the value and diversity of our area and its people.”
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 8 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 9 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
Category winners selected by the Leader 4 panel will receive J&A Photography vouchers.
To view the images selected click on the link at the top right of this page.