Running around the world for chemo appeal
Nurse Wendy is on a mission to run up a huge fund-raising total for hospital campaign.
A HOSPITAL nurse is pulling on her running shoes in an epic quest to complete five international marathons in just eight months.
Wendy Dale, from West Down, is flying out to America next month to take part in the National Marathon in Washington on March 17.
After that, London awaits in April, with Stockholm in July and Berlin in September. The Dublin Marathon in October will wrap up an eye-watering 130-mile series of road-runs.
The married mum-of-three, who works in the intensive care unit at North Devon District Hospital, in Barnstaple, is running in aid of the Chemotherapy Appeal.
You may also want to watch:
She said she had also chosen to run the five separate races to celebrate a certain landmark birthday later this year.
“The appeal is something that is very close to my heart and will hopefully help to improve facilities at the hospital, which are very poor at the moment.
- 1 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 2 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 6 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 Barnstaple amateur rider achieves lifelong ambition
- 9 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
“I’ll be training all year – there is no let up,” added Wendy a member of the North Devon Roadrunners.
“I’ve been running for quite a few years but only started marathon running in recent years. I’ve done six marathons so far in total, including London, Berlin and Dublin. My aim this year is to beat my personal best of four hours, 12 minutes, which I set in Berlin last year.”
To sponsor Wendy and help raise money for the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal, visit her Just Giving webpage at www.justgiving.com/Wendy-Dale
To find out more about the appeal and ways in which you can help, visit the campaign website – www.northdevonhealth.nhs.uk/charity or telephone fund-raising manager Ian Roome on (01271) 311772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org