Runners raise thousands for charity
A group of half-marathon runners have raised an outstanding amount of money for a Barnstaple-based charity.
A BARNSTAPLE business has raised more than �2,500 for a local charity by running the Bath Half Marathon.
Nine members of the Applegate.co.uk team competed in the event to raise money for Amigos, a charity working to promote self-sustainability to young people in Uganda.
David Garth, CEO of Applegate Directory said: “We have had a close relationship with Amigos for many years and have been involved in a number of fund raising initiatives for the charity.
“Applegate Directory holds a special fondness for Amigos and it’s fantastic to see so many of the team come together to run the Bath Half Marathon. The donation will have a huge impact on how the charity changes young lives in Africa.”
You may also want to watch:
Alison Berridge, of Amigos, said: “We hear many ‘running stories’ from our students on Kira Farm, but they are terrible stories of childhoods spent running away from rebel armies; to hear amazing tales of running marathons and raising incredible amounts of money to help these same youngsters re-build their lives is extremely uplifting.
“For Applegate staff to raise this amount of money is a real achievement in itself, never mind the toil it took to train and run.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 2 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 8 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 9 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 10 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
“On behalf of the Kira students, I would like to say a big thank you to each and everyone of them, whether they took part or sponsored someone who did.”
The nine team members were: Joe Sach, Helen Murphy, Sam Riley, Jade Dorey, Wayne Slade, Neil Bright, Steve Paine, Rebecca Crook, and Angela Taffs.