Runners invited to set out for Swimbridge this May
RUNNERS of all ages are being invited to strap on their running shoes and head out to Swimbridge on Sunday, May 9. The annual Swimbridge Run and Fun Run is back by popular demand and follows the success of last year, organised by the village s Jubilee Hal
RUNNERS of all ages are being invited to strap on their running shoes and head out to Swimbridge on Sunday, May 9.
The annual Swimbridge Run and Fun Run is back by popular demand and follows the success of last year, organised by the village's Jubilee Hall Committee together with Simon Oliver of St John's Garden Centre, who is also a member of North Devon Road Runners.
The three kilometre fun run will start at 10am and is for younger runners aged eight to 14. It will be held around the village and Hannaford.
Then at 11.30am the main run begins. The distance has been increased to 10K for this year and it is a multi-terrain event, both on and off road. The minimum age for contestants is 15 years.
You may also want to watch:
The route will take runners over woodland paths and stream crossings, passing the old silver mines and Daffodil Valley, through the picturesque hamlets of Hannaford, Hearson, Wrimstone and Dennington, with the opportunity to see some stunning views over Swimbridge.
There are trophies for 11 categories sponsored by local businesses and St Johns Garden Centre is donating vouchers to the winners.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 9 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
- 10 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
The categories are: 15+ male & female, veterans 40 + male & female, veterans 50+ male & female, 8-11 years - male & female, 12-14 years - male & female, best fancy dress.
Postal entries for the 10K cost �8 and must be received no later than May 3. Runners may sign up on the day for �10 or with proof of a minimum �10 in sponsorship. Entry to the three K run is �3.50 in advance or �5.50 on the day.
A big breakfast and refreshments will be available throughout the morning in Swimbridge Jubilee Hall.
For an entry form and sponsor form if required, contact event organiser Julie Whitton on (01271) 830311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Entry and sponsorship forms can also be downloaded from www.swimbridge.com.