Runners invited to set out for Swimbridge this May
RUNNERS of all ages are being invited to strap on their running shoes and head out to Swimbridge on Sunday, May 9. The annual Swimbridge Run and Fun Run is back by popular demand and follows the success of last year, organised by the village s Jubilee Hal
RUNNERS of all ages are being invited to strap on their running shoes and head out to Swimbridge on Sunday, May 9.
The annual Swimbridge Run and Fun Run is back by popular demand and follows the success of last year, organised by the village's Jubilee Hall Committee together with Simon Oliver of St John's Garden Centre, who is also a member of North Devon Road Runners.
The three kilometre fun run will start at 10am and is for younger runners aged eight to 14. It will be held around the village and Hannaford.
Then at 11.30am the main run begins. The distance has been increased to 10K for this year and it is a multi-terrain event, both on and off road. The minimum age for contestants is 15 years.
You may also want to watch:
The route will take runners over woodland paths and stream crossings, passing the old silver mines and Daffodil Valley, through the picturesque hamlets of Hannaford, Hearson, Wrimstone and Dennington, with the opportunity to see some stunning views over Swimbridge.
There are trophies for 11 categories sponsored by local businesses and St Johns Garden Centre is donating vouchers to the winners.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 5 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 8 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 9 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 10 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
The categories are: 15+ male & female, veterans 40 + male & female, veterans 50+ male & female, 8-11 years - male & female, 12-14 years - male & female, best fancy dress.
Postal entries for the 10K cost �8 and must be received no later than May 3. Runners may sign up on the day for �10 or with proof of a minimum �10 in sponsorship. Entry to the three K run is �3.50 in advance or �5.50 on the day.
A big breakfast and refreshments will be available throughout the morning in Swimbridge Jubilee Hall.
For an entry form and sponsor form if required, contact event organiser Julie Whitton on (01271) 830311 or email email@example.com. Entry and sponsorship forms can also be downloaded from www.swimbridge.com.