Rubbish in the stream
SIR - I wanted through your paper to thank everyone involved in all the effort, hard work and thought that has gone into the improvements to the Town Walk in Barnstaple.
The new bird hide, tree planting and new seats and settles in which to sit along the way.
My first visit to the bird hide was enjoyable with the ducks nesting in the wild garlic on the banks of the stream.
However, on visiting two weeks later, the stream was full of plastic bags and rubbish and the proverbial metal supermarket trolley submerged for good measure.
The ducks and their newly hatched brood were swimming among it. Even some of the seats had graffiti on them.
You may also want to watch:
How very sad I felt, not only for myself, but for all those involved in doing the work for us all to enjoy.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 4 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge