Rubbish in the stream
SIR - I wanted through your paper to thank everyone involved in all the effort, hard work and thought that has gone into the improvements to the Town Walk in Barnstaple.
The new bird hide, tree planting and new seats and settles in which to sit along the way.
My first visit to the bird hide was enjoyable with the ducks nesting in the wild garlic on the banks of the stream.
However, on visiting two weeks later, the stream was full of plastic bags and rubbish and the proverbial metal supermarket trolley submerged for good measure.
The ducks and their newly hatched brood were swimming among it. Even some of the seats had graffiti on them.
You may also want to watch:
How very sad I felt, not only for myself, but for all those involved in doing the work for us all to enjoy.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 4 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe