Royal visitor will hand out housing awards
TWO places in Devon will be recognised for their outstanding affordable housing projects when they receive awards from Princess Anne at the Community Council of Devon s Annual Conference in Woolsery on October 20. The High Bickington Community Property T
TWO places in Devon will be recognised for their outstanding affordable housing projects when they receive awards from Princess Anne at the Community Council of Devon's Annual Conference in Woolsery on October 20.
The High Bickington Community Property Trust has won the Most Effective Community Award. The judges were particularly impressed by the level of community involvement in this project and the wide range of the vision.
Pam Johns chairman of The Holsworthy Community Property Trust has won the award for the Most Inspirational Individual. Her effective communication skills were praised by the judges along with her leadership skills.
The announcement of the winners was made by Cathrine Simmons, chairman of the Devon Rural Housing Partnership. She said "The awards were initiated because of the recognition that the most successful affordable rural housing projects are driven by a particularly committed individual or community group that refused to give up despite the difficulties faced.
You may also want to watch:
The award seeks to acknowledge and celebrate such commitment. We hope to use these examples to inspire others. This year the awards have been sponsored by Torridge District Council.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 5 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021