Royal letter for Lily
LITTLE Lily Bennett of Barnstaple was delighted with a letter which dropped through her door this week – from St James’ Palace.
Lily celebrated her seventh birthday on the wedding day of Prince William and Kate Middleton in April and marked it by making a special greetings card and sending it to the royal couple.
“I put lots of pictures on it. It took a whole day,” said Lily.
She was delighted that the royal couple liked her card and took the trouble to send a response.
“The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have asked me to thank you for your lovely hand-made card. It really is so delightful,” said the letter from the palace.
You may also want to watch:
“Their royal highnesses have been overwhelmed by the incredibly kind messages they have received in connection with their wedding and were immensely touched that you should take the trouble to make such a splendid card. This was greatly appreciated by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, who have asked me to send you their warmest thanks and best wishes.”
Proud Lily has taken her letter to show teachers and friends at Newport School in Barnstaple.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 6 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 7 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 8 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 9 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 10 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis