Royal College Approval for Torbridge Vets
A North Devon veterinary practice is celebrating continued high standards after renewing its official seal of approval.
The Torbridge Vet Group, with surgeries in South Molton, Bideford, Torrington and Lynton, has been reaccredited by The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons for a third time.
Gaining the official endorsement is a voluntary process which involves a close scrutiny of every part of the business and not simply its skill at treating animals.
The accreditation process takes place every four years and means a great deal of extra work for everyone in the business.
“It is the achieving and maintenance of high standards which really drives the Torbridge Vet Group” said director Bill Slee, BVet Med MRCVS.
“It’s not something to be undertaken lightly, but we believe voluntarily undergoing the process enables us to ensure all four centres have a culture of striving to constantly improve services.”
Torbridge includes 19 vets which specialise in all types of animals, including exotics, pet and farm animals, plus 11 veterinary nurses and 11 support staff.
- 1 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 2 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 3 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 4 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 5 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 6 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 7 Covid-19 ventilation advice for North Devon landlords
- 8 Together we can look forward to 2022
- 9 North Devon Weekend Football Results
- 10 Refresh your New Year’s wardrobe by donating unwanted clothes for a good cause
“We pride ourselves on the fact everyone who works directly with animals is trained to high standards and accredited by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons,” added Mr Slee.