‘Royal approval’ for Fremington Manor
Residents receive letter from the Palace after sending a Diamond Jubilee birthday card to the Queen.
STAFF and residents at Fremington Manor care home in Barnstaple have been given the ‘royal seal of approval’ after receiving a letter from Buckingham Palace.
Earlier this year residents at the Care South home created a special birthday card for The Queen during their weekly arts and crafts session, congratulating her on the occasion of her Diamond Jubilee.
They were delighted to receive a letter from one of The Queen’s ladies-in-waiting, thanking them personally for their message to Her Majesty.
“It was an amazing surprise for all our residents to receive such an important letter from Buckingham Palace,” said Corinne Topps, Matron at the Manor.
You may also want to watch:
“We were all delighted to send our best wishes to The Queen for her Diamond Jubilee, and very proud and honoured to have received such a lovely response.”
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 3 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 4 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 5 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 6 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May