‘Royal approval’ for Fremington Manor
Residents receive letter from the Palace after sending a Diamond Jubilee birthday card to the Queen.
STAFF and residents at Fremington Manor care home in Barnstaple have been given the ‘royal seal of approval’ after receiving a letter from Buckingham Palace.
Earlier this year residents at the Care South home created a special birthday card for The Queen during their weekly arts and crafts session, congratulating her on the occasion of her Diamond Jubilee.
They were delighted to receive a letter from one of The Queen’s ladies-in-waiting, thanking them personally for their message to Her Majesty.
“It was an amazing surprise for all our residents to receive such an important letter from Buckingham Palace,” said Corinne Topps, Matron at the Manor.
You may also want to watch:
“We were all delighted to send our best wishes to The Queen for her Diamond Jubilee, and very proud and honoured to have received such a lovely response.”
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 3 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 4 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 7 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened