‘Royal approval’ for Fremington Manor
Residents receive letter from the Palace after sending a Diamond Jubilee birthday card to the Queen.
STAFF and residents at Fremington Manor care home in Barnstaple have been given the ‘royal seal of approval’ after receiving a letter from Buckingham Palace.
Earlier this year residents at the Care South home created a special birthday card for The Queen during their weekly arts and crafts session, congratulating her on the occasion of her Diamond Jubilee.
They were delighted to receive a letter from one of The Queen’s ladies-in-waiting, thanking them personally for their message to Her Majesty.
“It was an amazing surprise for all our residents to receive such an important letter from Buckingham Palace,” said Corinne Topps, Matron at the Manor.
“We were all delighted to send our best wishes to The Queen for her Diamond Jubilee, and very proud and honoured to have received such a lovely response.”
- 1 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 2 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 3 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 4 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 5 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 6 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 7 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 10 Verdant Leisure buys two North Devon holiday parks