Roxanne’s a cut above the competition
Young Barnstaple hair stylist crowned Devon and Cornwall champion
A YOUNG Barnstaple hairdresser has been crowned junior champion of Devon and Cornwall.
Roxanne Berry, 18, won the prestigious accolade at the National Hairdressers’ Federation Devon and Cornwall Championships, held in Paignton.
The Oak Room junior stylist also picked up gold medals in the trainee cutting and hair-up categories, as well as a gold in the senior bridal category, beating some entrants with more than 20 years’ experience.
The competition at the Redcliff Hotel was open to all hairdressers in Devon and Cornwall and featured more than 2,000 junior and senior stylists competing in various disciplines.
You may also want to watch:
Oak Room Manager Kelly Toms said: “Roxanne has done phenomenally well to win the overall junior award but also proved her talents alongside more experienced competitors in the senior category she entered.
“She entered three events and scored gold in every one; we’re really proud of her.”
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
The awards bolster an already formidable collection of honours that The Oak Room has amassed over the years.
Last October, the High Street salon won four awards at the Somerset championships and in 2005, the salon won the Devon championships.