Roxanne’s a cut above the competition
Young Barnstaple hair stylist crowned Devon and Cornwall champion
A YOUNG Barnstaple hairdresser has been crowned junior champion of Devon and Cornwall.
Roxanne Berry, 18, won the prestigious accolade at the National Hairdressers’ Federation Devon and Cornwall Championships, held in Paignton.
The Oak Room junior stylist also picked up gold medals in the trainee cutting and hair-up categories, as well as a gold in the senior bridal category, beating some entrants with more than 20 years’ experience.
The competition at the Redcliff Hotel was open to all hairdressers in Devon and Cornwall and featured more than 2,000 junior and senior stylists competing in various disciplines.
You may also want to watch:
Oak Room Manager Kelly Toms said: “Roxanne has done phenomenally well to win the overall junior award but also proved her talents alongside more experienced competitors in the senior category she entered.
“She entered three events and scored gold in every one; we’re really proud of her.”
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021
The awards bolster an already formidable collection of honours that The Oak Room has amassed over the years.
Last October, the High Street salon won four awards at the Somerset championships and in 2005, the salon won the Devon championships.