Roxanne’s a cut above the competition
Young Barnstaple hair stylist crowned Devon and Cornwall champion
A YOUNG Barnstaple hairdresser has been crowned junior champion of Devon and Cornwall.
Roxanne Berry, 18, won the prestigious accolade at the National Hairdressers’ Federation Devon and Cornwall Championships, held in Paignton.
The Oak Room junior stylist also picked up gold medals in the trainee cutting and hair-up categories, as well as a gold in the senior bridal category, beating some entrants with more than 20 years’ experience.
The competition at the Redcliff Hotel was open to all hairdressers in Devon and Cornwall and featured more than 2,000 junior and senior stylists competing in various disciplines.
You may also want to watch:
Oak Room Manager Kelly Toms said: “Roxanne has done phenomenally well to win the overall junior award but also proved her talents alongside more experienced competitors in the senior category she entered.
“She entered three events and scored gold in every one; we’re really proud of her.”
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 6 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
The awards bolster an already formidable collection of honours that The Oak Room has amassed over the years.
Last October, the High Street salon won four awards at the Somerset championships and in 2005, the salon won the Devon championships.