Route 39 Open Day at the Milky Way
- Credit: Archant
Meet the principal, governors and find out more about North Devon’s newest secondary school on Saturday, March 9.
THE new Route 39 Academy is holding an Open Day at its temporary home of the Milky Way on Saturday, March 9 from 11am–5pm.
Principal Joss Glossop will give a presentation on the school’s educational vision and curriculum at 1pm, and again at 3pm, followed by a question and answer session. She will also be on hand to chat to parents.
Last week the region’s newest secondary school secured a permanent site at Steart Farm near Bucks Cross, but will be housed on the Milky Way site while construction takes place.
The winning logo from the school logo competition will also be on display and it is hoped the winner will be available to be presented with their prize on the day.
Entry to the attraction will be £1 per person, with vouchers available via the school website www.route39.org.uk
Anyone with a Year 6 or Year 7 child, who is considering applying for a place in September can also book an appointment with Joss to specifically discuss your child’s education by emailing email@example.com
- 1 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 2 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 3 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 4 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 5 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 6 Together we can look forward to 2022
- 7 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 8 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 9 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 10 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
“It’s incredible how far we’ve come since our first Open Day at the Milky Way in January last year,” said chairman of governors Richard Bence.
“Route 39 Academy is no longer an idea, but a reality. We have a principal, a site for the school, an architect, a builder – and most importantly students starting in September.
“Thank you to all of you who have supported this extraordinary venture.”