Roundswell special school opens
New school will provide day places for children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
A NEW school for children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties has opened on the outskirts of Barnstaple.
Marland Day School, which is part of a newly built development at Springfield Court at Roundswell, opened this week and will cater for up to 25 10-16-year-old boys and girls.
The school, lead and managed by Marland School, based at Peters Marland, near Torrington, has been built in response to a lack of day places for local children with complex needs.
In the past, some have had to be placed a long distance from home and those who need day placements have had to take residential placements at considerably higher cost.
You may also want to watch:
Head of education at the Springfield site, Mark Rendell said: “This is a fantastic opportunity both for our students and for the wider community in North Devon.
“Students and staff are very excited about the excellent facilities we have access to at Springfield Court.”
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 7 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 8 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses