Roundswell special school opens
New school will provide day places for children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
A NEW school for children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties has opened on the outskirts of Barnstaple.
Marland Day School, which is part of a newly built development at Springfield Court at Roundswell, opened this week and will cater for up to 25 10-16-year-old boys and girls.
The school, lead and managed by Marland School, based at Peters Marland, near Torrington, has been built in response to a lack of day places for local children with complex needs.
In the past, some have had to be placed a long distance from home and those who need day placements have had to take residential placements at considerably higher cost.
You may also want to watch:
Head of education at the Springfield site, Mark Rendell said: “This is a fantastic opportunity both for our students and for the wider community in North Devon.
“Students and staff are very excited about the excellent facilities we have access to at Springfield Court.”
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council