Roundswell roundabout – on schedule but more delays expected
- Credit: Archant
Motorists advised of lane changes later this month as work progresses.
MAJOR improvements at the Roundswell roundabout in Barnstaple are on schedule despite weeks of heavy rain, according to Devon County Council.
The £1.2million scheme is expected to be completed by summer but motorists can expect further delays at peak times as a result of new lane changes later this month.
Traffic approaching from the Lake direction will be moved over onto the new carriageway to enable the completion of the new central island and splitter islands on the A39.
A mound of earth from another part of the site has been piled onto the existing central island of the roundabout in preparation for its enlargement.
You may also want to watch:
The central island will eventually be finished with grass and topsoil.
Councillor Andrew Leadbetter, cabinet member for economy and growth, said: “The scheme is on schedule, despite the recent heavy rain, and if the current dry weather continues then good progress will continue to be made.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
“Although two-way flow will be maintained, there may be some disruption to traffic initially while everyone gets used to the new arrangements, but the traffic management is to keep the travelling public safe from the work site, as well as protecting the workforce.”