Round Table raises a glass (or two) for good causes
Members have a barrel of laughs at first ever real ale fest.
BARNSTAPLE Round Table Club members Darrell Gill, Simon Randall, chairman Solomon Singh and Mickey Jewell are pictured raising a glass at the club’s first ever real ale festival on Saturday.
The event at the Wrey Arms pub, in Sticklepath, Barnstaple, featured a dozen barrels of local ales and ciders from the Country Life, Clearwater, Forge and Barum breweries, and Winkleigh Cider Company.
Visitors came from as far afield as Crediton and Okehampton to sample the refreshing tipples on offer.
The club’s immediate past chairman, Simon Randall, said all proceeds from the event will go to local good causes.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “For our first ever event, we made a profit so that was fantastic. It’s got the makings of a great event and hopefully we’ll be able to build on this for next year.
“As a club, we’re all about having a good time and raising money and this event ticked both those boxes.
- 1 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 3 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 4 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 5 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 6 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 7 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 8 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
“We’re always looking for new members of Round Table; members come from all walks of life and as long as you’re male, over 18 and under 45, we’d love to hear from you.”
Any one interested in joining Barnstaple Round Table or has a worthy cause they need funding for can email Simon at firstname.lastname@example.org