Round Table raises a glass (or two) for good causes
Members have a barrel of laughs at first ever real ale fest.
BARNSTAPLE Round Table Club members Darrell Gill, Simon Randall, chairman Solomon Singh and Mickey Jewell are pictured raising a glass at the club’s first ever real ale festival on Saturday.
The event at the Wrey Arms pub, in Sticklepath, Barnstaple, featured a dozen barrels of local ales and ciders from the Country Life, Clearwater, Forge and Barum breweries, and Winkleigh Cider Company.
Visitors came from as far afield as Crediton and Okehampton to sample the refreshing tipples on offer.
The club’s immediate past chairman, Simon Randall, said all proceeds from the event will go to local good causes.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “For our first ever event, we made a profit so that was fantastic. It’s got the makings of a great event and hopefully we’ll be able to build on this for next year.
“As a club, we’re all about having a good time and raising money and this event ticked both those boxes.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 8 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
“We’re always looking for new members of Round Table; members come from all walks of life and as long as you’re male, over 18 and under 45, we’d love to hear from you.”
Any one interested in joining Barnstaple Round Table or has a worthy cause they need funding for can email Simon at firstname.lastname@example.org