Rotary’s good deed for local Scouts
- Credit: Archant
Club comes to park’s aid with new equipment for Snapper camp.
BARNSTAPLE Rotary Club has done a good deed for the 12th North Devon Scouts Group.
The club was at the forefront of setting up the local pack nearly 80 years ago and has now helped out by supplying equipment for the camp facilities at Snapper.
Thanks to grant money from the Rotary charity shop in Boutport Street, the camp now has a new water boiler that is proving a far more convenient method than boiling water over an open fire.
Shop manager Penny Furseman said: “We are delighted to have been able to help by supplying equipment.
You may also want to watch:
“Having just re-opened the shop after essential repairs, we hope to soon be reach our target of donating a further £100,000 to help the local community.”
Money from the charity shop is still available to help fund eligible projects. Grant forms are available in the shop.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new