Rotarians offer a seat to village hall visitors
Clubs’ Barnstaple charity shop pays for new chairs for Goodleigh Village Hall
ROTARY clubs in Barnstaple have come to the aid of village hall visitors in need of a comfy seat or two.
The Barnstaple and the Barnstaple Link clubs used the proceeds from the Rotary Charity Shop in the town to buy new chairs for the hall in Goodleigh.
Martin Chamberlain, who heads the shop’s grant committee, said: “It is all thanks to the local public donating items to the shop for sale that makes it possible for us to help so many local causes.”
There were plans to close the Boutport Street shop at Christmas but thanks to the generosity of the landlord, and the continuing supply of clothes, furniture, bric-a-brac and even electrical items, the clubs have decided to continue the venture.
You may also want to watch:
They hope that people will continue to donate their unwanted items to the shop so it can help many more local clubs and good causes.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience