Rotarians offer a seat to village hall visitors
Clubs’ Barnstaple charity shop pays for new chairs for Goodleigh Village Hall
ROTARY clubs in Barnstaple have come to the aid of village hall visitors in need of a comfy seat or two.
The Barnstaple and the Barnstaple Link clubs used the proceeds from the Rotary Charity Shop in the town to buy new chairs for the hall in Goodleigh.
Martin Chamberlain, who heads the shop’s grant committee, said: “It is all thanks to the local public donating items to the shop for sale that makes it possible for us to help so many local causes.”
There were plans to close the Boutport Street shop at Christmas but thanks to the generosity of the landlord, and the continuing supply of clothes, furniture, bric-a-brac and even electrical items, the clubs have decided to continue the venture.
You may also want to watch:
They hope that people will continue to donate their unwanted items to the shop so it can help many more local clubs and good causes.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 10 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar