Rosemoor's local produce show
RHS Garden Rosemoor, in Great Torrington is holding its first Local Produce Show on August 22 and 23 and is looking for entries. There will be classes for all manner of home grown produce, and sections for both adults and children. The RHS is well know
RHS Garden Rosemoor, in Great Torrington is holding its first Local Produce Show on August 22 and 23 and is looking for entries.
There will be classes for all manner of home grown produce, and sections for both adults and children.
The RHS is well known for its fruit and flower shows and Rosemoor is proud to uphold this fine tradition, although the Local Produce Show will have its emphasis on fun rather than fierce competition!
Classes include flowers, fruit, vegetables, home-made baked goods and preserves and home-made wine, juice and cider. The children's classes include Cress Head, Vegetable Animal, Sunflower Head and design classes.
You may also want to watch:
There will be seven judges - Roy Pook (vegetable section), Harry Colcough (flower section), Roy Halsey (fruit section), Betty Dorning (home made baked goods and preserves), Sarah Chesters (children's section), Sandra Huxtable (floral art section) and George Travis (wine, juice and cider section).
Diana Gilding, event supervisor at Rosemoor, said: 'This is the first time we have held an event like this and it's great to be supporting the local community. We have already received plenty of entries, and everyone is welcome to come along - whether you are entering a class or not. It's going to be a great weekend!'
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
Rosemoor is accepting entries up until - and even on the day of - the show so there is plenty of time to enter. If you would like a show schedule, call (01805) 626800.