Rosemoor awaits royal arrival
- Credit: RHS, Lindley Library
As the nation waits for Kate and William’s baby, RHS Garden Rosemoor in Torrington has a few royal connections too...
AS the nation waits for news of the Duchess of Cambridge’s baby, RHS Garden Rosemoor at Torrington has had a royal arrival of its own.
On Saturday a brand new exhibition begins highlighting Rosemoor’s Royal Connections to be followed by a vintage festival with croquet, music, stalls and food.
The RHS Lindley Library holds a unique collection of 38 illuminated royal signatures, the earliest dating back to 1816, painted largely in watercolour and decorated with floral borders and regal and personal motifs relevant to the royal signer’s life.
Selected signatures from these will be featured as part of the interpretative exhibition at Rosemoor celebrating the Royal Horticultural Society’s long association with the Royal Family which will run until August 26.
You may also want to watch:
The vintage theme continues with a festival on Saturday and Sunday, and visitors will be able to see a whole range of vintage vehicles and machinery, some of which can be seen working, and enjoy music from an old fashioned ‘Pied Piper’ Fairground Organ.
There is also an Antique and Collectors Fair plus retro activities will continue with displays of the long-established game of croquet courtesy of Barnstaple Croquet Club.
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
All activities are free after normal garden admission. For more information visit www.rhs.org.uk/Gardens/Rosemoor or call 01805 626800.