Rosemoor awaits royal arrival
- Credit: RHS, Lindley Library
As the nation waits for Kate and William’s baby, RHS Garden Rosemoor in Torrington has a few royal connections too...
AS the nation waits for news of the Duchess of Cambridge’s baby, RHS Garden Rosemoor at Torrington has had a royal arrival of its own.
On Saturday a brand new exhibition begins highlighting Rosemoor’s Royal Connections to be followed by a vintage festival with croquet, music, stalls and food.
The RHS Lindley Library holds a unique collection of 38 illuminated royal signatures, the earliest dating back to 1816, painted largely in watercolour and decorated with floral borders and regal and personal motifs relevant to the royal signer’s life.
Selected signatures from these will be featured as part of the interpretative exhibition at Rosemoor celebrating the Royal Horticultural Society’s long association with the Royal Family which will run until August 26.
You may also want to watch:
The vintage theme continues with a festival on Saturday and Sunday, and visitors will be able to see a whole range of vintage vehicles and machinery, some of which can be seen working, and enjoy music from an old fashioned ‘Pied Piper’ Fairground Organ.
There is also an Antique and Collectors Fair plus retro activities will continue with displays of the long-established game of croquet courtesy of Barnstaple Croquet Club.
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
All activities are free after normal garden admission. For more information visit www.rhs.org.uk/Gardens/Rosemoor or call 01805 626800.