Roll up for World Tapir Day at Exmoor Zoo
WOULDN T it be nice to discover there was a world day in celebration of you? This is what happened to Isobella at Exmoor Zoo, who will be celebrating her big occasion on Tuesday (April 27) as people around the world celebrate World Tapir Day, as awaren
WOULDN'T it be nice to discover there was a world day in celebration of you?
This is what happened to Isobella at Exmoor Zoo, who will be celebrating "her" big occasion on Tuesday (April 27) as people around the world celebrate World Tapir Day, as awareness is raised about these unusual creatures.
To celebrate its very own Brazilian tapir, Exmoor zoo near Bratton Fleming is holding a drawing competition on Tuesday and the best picture, will win a photo of Isobella.
There are four different species of tapir in the world, the Brazilian (also known as Lowland,) Mountain and Baird's tapir can all be found in Central to South America and the Malay is found in South East Asia.
You may also want to watch:
Threats to all these species include hunting for meat and sport, habitat destruction and over grazing by cows.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 5 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 6 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality