Roll up for World Tapir Day at Exmoor Zoo
WOULDN T it be nice to discover there was a world day in celebration of you? This is what happened to Isobella at Exmoor Zoo, who will be celebrating her big occasion on Tuesday (April 27) as people around the world celebrate World Tapir Day, as awaren
WOULDN'T it be nice to discover there was a world day in celebration of you?
This is what happened to Isobella at Exmoor Zoo, who will be celebrating "her" big occasion on Tuesday (April 27) as people around the world celebrate World Tapir Day, as awareness is raised about these unusual creatures.
To celebrate its very own Brazilian tapir, Exmoor zoo near Bratton Fleming is holding a drawing competition on Tuesday and the best picture, will win a photo of Isobella.
There are four different species of tapir in the world, the Brazilian (also known as Lowland,) Mountain and Baird's tapir can all be found in Central to South America and the Malay is found in South East Asia.
You may also want to watch:
Threats to all these species include hunting for meat and sport, habitat destruction and over grazing by cows.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 3 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes