Roll up for World Tapir Day at Exmoor Zoo
WOULDN T it be nice to discover there was a world day in celebration of you? This is what happened to Isobella at Exmoor Zoo, who will be celebrating her big occasion on Tuesday (April 27) as people around the world celebrate World Tapir Day, as awaren
WOULDN'T it be nice to discover there was a world day in celebration of you?
This is what happened to Isobella at Exmoor Zoo, who will be celebrating "her" big occasion on Tuesday (April 27) as people around the world celebrate World Tapir Day, as awareness is raised about these unusual creatures.
To celebrate its very own Brazilian tapir, Exmoor zoo near Bratton Fleming is holding a drawing competition on Tuesday and the best picture, will win a photo of Isobella.
There are four different species of tapir in the world, the Brazilian (also known as Lowland,) Mountain and Baird's tapir can all be found in Central to South America and the Malay is found in South East Asia.
You may also want to watch:
Threats to all these species include hunting for meat and sport, habitat destruction and over grazing by cows.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice