Rocking for the roof at Ilfracombe church
- Credit: Archant
St Peter’s Church hosts a rock concert this Friday (February 28) for the roof appeal.
THE rafters of St Peter’s Church in Ilfracombe will reverberate to a different kind of music this Friday as choral hymns are swapped for Portuguese rock.
Up-and-coming rockers Secret Lie will be headlining a concert at the church in Highfield Road from 7.30pm, joined by local musical talents in the form of punk band Falling Apart, young singer songwriter Kiera Osment and musician Noel Grummitt.
The event is being held to help raise money for the church roof repair appeal.
The seven-strong Portuguese rock ensemble is already well known in their native country but is rapidly gaining recognition around the globe for their fresh sound.
You may also want to watch:
The injection of violin, cello and piano into the traditional rock armoury has produced a compelling neo rock sound, crowned with the captivating vocals and performance of lead singer Sara Madeira.
Tickets to the concert at St Peter’s are available on the door, costing £6, or £5 in advance from Tinker tailor Party Shop in Ilfracombe High Street, at the Landmark TIC or call 01271 866647 or 01271 865329. It is a licensed premises and a bar will be available.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 8 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail